Confessions of a Fickle Mind

What happens when you turn a madwoman loose???

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Alphabet Soup 1

My friends and I called him Alphabet...because his name seem to contain all the letters of the alphabet. Incidentally, in highschool, my codename during Christmas Monito-Monita was also Alphabet...because my name contains all but ten letters of the alphabet.

So what about Alphabet? He was a cutee, though not in that hunky chunky sort of way that I really prefer. He was cute in that he was smaller than most of his friends, good facial features...I really didn't care much about him, actually, it was Ms. Piggy who had a crush on him. But I started to notice him when he butted in during one of the discussions about Highlander, the Series. If he had been any other person, I would have chalked him up with the rest of the egocentrics (which were 10 cents a piece among the male population in our college department). But he was wearing sunglasses and my mouth fell open and I was reduced to being an idiot.


Sometime later, given an opportune moment, with us both being class officers, I worked on the nerves to call him up. With a little (count hours) persuation from Ms. Giordano Girl, I managed to dial his phone number and ask for him. Luckily, it was Alphabet who answered. If it had been his mom or somebody else, I'd haved hung up. I was so out of myself I started asking if we had classes the next day that I completely forgot to introduce myself. When he asked, I mumbled "your classmate" which, of course, was stupid, even by my own standards. After I properly identified myself, he seem to warmed up a bit and asked if I was doing anything else and if we could chat for a while. My little heart pumped all the blood to my brains, so much so that it got overflooded with oxygen. I blurted out "I can't. We're not allowed to chat on the phone". I could've hit myself on the head with the phone and never regret it more than I did saying those words...

But then again, he seem to read the signs and called me up frequently after that. Fifteen minutes...thirty minutes...soon we were having one hour chats. Mostly, we just laughed at things, gross jokes that amuses him, yucky stuff that makes me wanna throw up. If there was a person with whom I enjoyed talking it was Alphabet.

Over the phone, he seem like the perfect guy. But up front and personal, it seems there was always this wall around him...and only a few people were allowed in. Ms. Piggy, Ms. Giordano Girls, most of the cool girls and his band of friends. I was on the outside. Too awkward to set foot inside in case I was not invited. Too cautious in case he might break my own walls. Sometimes, I did managed to climb up a wall and took a peek...He'd respind positively. But most of the times, I just stood outside the gate and wait for him to open up.

Next...Kilig Moments with Alphabet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home